Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- Merry Christmas from Bugbitten! - 23rd December 2019
- A malaria elimination catch up- Algeria leads the way - 9th August 2019
- Why find the needle in the haystack? - 10th May 2019
Popular Bugbitten tags
Most Read Posts
Most Shared Posts
- European bats discovered as hosts for leishmaniasis infection
- The impact of mass drug administration on Schistosoma haematobium infection: what is required to achieve morbidity control and elimination?
- Toxoplasmosis: A prevalent zoonosis in Australasian marsupials
- Archeoparasitology: Identifying intestinal parasites from an Iron Age cesspit in Jerusalem
- Holy Helminths! Augustinian friars and their parasites.