Editor at BugBitten
Vera Unwin gained her Bsc (Hons) in Biomedical sciences (University of Dundee), before completing her MSc in Medical Parasitology (LSHTM) and gaining exciting field experience working in the Amazon, Brazil. After working in the malaria vaccine group at the Jenner Institute (University of Oxford), she moved to the Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to work on filarial nematode cell lines and then Mycobacterium tuberculosis risk factors. She is currently doing a PhD at the LSTM developing and evaluating diagnostics for malaria elimination settings.
Latest posts by Vera Unwin (see all)
- Repackaging malaria to refresh & drive motivation towards elimination - 20th July 2018
- Celebrating the achievements of women in science and inspiring the next generation - 1st June 2018
- Manipulating malaria immunity in Anopheline mosquitoes - 27th March 2018
Popular Bugbitten tags
Most Shared Posts
- Can hotspots of malaria transmission be driven by insecticide-resistance in mosquitoes?
- Update on Zika virus, microcephaly and control efforts
- Tracking dengue transmission in Thailand
- Heartworm Disease: The Science, The Practice, The Future – Part 1
- Celebrating the achievements of women in science and inspiring the next generation